NEW Fox News articles can now be heard on audio! SPECIAL : The former Trump administration’s team told Fox News that Special Counsel John Durham’s investigation into the Russia investigation’s beginnings has grown into “one of the most critical efforts” to restore transparency in the federal government, and they urged all Americans to keep an eye out for “the next shoe to drop.”
The remarks follow Durham’s disclosure in a document unsealed this week that Igor Danchenko, a Russian national identified as the main sub-source for the infamous anti-Trump Steele dossier, was paid by the FBI to serve as a confidential human source for the agency from January 2017 through October 2020.
Durham accused Danchenko of providing five false statements to the FBI last year. The accusations are a result of comments Danchenko made regarding the sources he utilized to provide material to a British investigative firm.
DURHAM MOVES TO ACKNOWLEDGE EVIDENCE IN THE DANCHENKO TRIAL THAT COULD DISPROVE TRUMP’S RITZ-CARLTON MOSCOW ALLEGATIONS
Trump spokeswoman Taylor Budowich told Fox News on Thursday that “the drip-drip of devastating information coming from Durhams probe is exposing an obvious truth: the Democrats and the Democrat-controlled government was guilty of everything they accused President Trump of doing.” It is obvious that our administration has failed us; partisans and activists have corrupted the system.
“Every American should be watching and waiting for the next shoe to drop,” he continued. “That’s exactly why the Durham inquiry has become one of the most crucial initiatives to restore transparency, integrity, and accountability to the process.”
Danchenko was the focus of an FBI counterintelligence investigation from 2009 to 2011 despite the FBI paying him to act as a confidential human source during the Trump administration and during Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether members of the Trump campaign conspired with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election.
Danchenko’s interactions with alleged Russian intelligence agents were the primary focus of the FBI investigation into him.
Back in the day, the FBI looked into the Steele dossier’s source for Russian contacts.
The dossier, which was ordered by opposition research firm Fusion GPS, used Danchenko as its main source. Allegations of alleged collaboration between Trump and the Russian government were made there. Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer, wrote it.
Through the law firm Perkins Coie, the Clinton campaign and the DNC paid for the dossier.
The dossier assisted in providing the foundation for warrants issued against former Trump campaign assistant Carter Page, according to information released by the Justice Department’s inspector general in 2019.
After accounting for the FBI’s false information, the Justice Department acknowledged in 2020 that the FISA warrants to monitor Page did not meet the requisite legal requirements and should have have been issued.
In the Danchenkos trial, which will start on October 11, Durham is attempting to introduce evidence that would refute the “lurid” Ritz Carlton Moscow accusations made against Trump in the odious dossier.
The government “should be entitled to use proof of the defendant’s false statement on his sourcing of the Ritz-Carlton Allegations as direct evidence of the charged crime,” according to
Despite being cleared, the Sussmann trial in Durham added to the evidence that the Clinton campaign planned to tie Trump to Russia.
Three people have been charged as a result of Durham’s investigation: Kevin Clinesmith in August 2020; Michael Sussmann in September 2021; and Danchenko in November 2021.
Sussmann’s guilt was acquitted.
Carter Page has claimed that he was a source for the CIA, but Clinesmith admitted to changing an email regarding Page to say that he was “not a source” for another government organization.